Events in Saratoga Springs
Saratoga Springs Health, Horses and History
Experience health, horses and history, and more of Saratoga Springs! With the change of seasons brings the horse races, Polo, Annual Galas and Fundraisers, Saratoga Performing Arts Center concerts, live music Downtown, Rowing Regattas, Tour the waters for a 'taste of the waters', Battlefield events, and art shows. Experience Saratoga healthy mineral baths, beautiful parks, golf courses, unique shops and delicious restuarants year round!
Ongoing events throughout the year...
Spa City Farmers Markets in Saratoga Springs
Find vendors from local farms, jewelry makers, artisans, wine varieties, mushroom supplements and teas, and herbal teas. Plenty of delicious hot food and a healthy selection of farm fresh produce, meats and cheeses.
Sundays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Inside the Lincoln Bathhouse in the Spa State Park
Saturdays at the High Rock Park Pavilion, 105 High Rock Avenue.
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Sundays at the Lincoln Bath House at the entrance to the Spa State Park
10:00 am -2:00 pm
Taste the waters of Saratoga Spa park. Learn about the health, medical & wellness history of all the waters of Saratoga and the famous Roosevelt Bath and Spa. View the amazing Orenda "Tufa" & Geysers tufa mound & dancing spouter. Enjoy the benefits of the "rarified atmosphere created by the ionized elements in the air.
Tours on Wednesdays at 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM, from the veranda of Roosevelt Bath & Spa by donation.
Local music venue scheduled throughout the year
Zankel Music Center at Skidmore College, Classical and Jazz performances open to the public, scheduled throughout the year.
Other music venues include:
9 Maple Jazz Bar
LIST ANNUAL EVENTS AND PLACES TO GO THROUGH THE SEASONS
Saratoga Spa State Park is a scenic cross country skiing and snowshoeing destination in Saratoga because of its timeless beauty and open terrain. Trails range from easy to challenging, and begin near the Warming Hut. Ski Rentals are available close by. (Depends on the year of snowfall).
- Annual tree lighting, caroling, and Victorian Street walk.
- December 31st New Years Eve and Saratoga First Night Celebration
- Hattie's Annual Mardi Gras Soiree: One of the region’s “must attend” fundraising events of the winter season is Hattie’s Mardi Gras Party at The Canfield Casino.
- A Purple Tie Affair, National Dance Museum: Fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- The Winter Party at the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame
- Annual Winterfest and Chowderfest
- Dance Flurry weekend at the Saratoga City Center: Dances and Workshops such as Contra, Swing, Latin, English Country, Squares, Vintage, Clogging, Hip-Hop, Cajun, Zydeco, Irish, Scandinavian, Middle Eastern, Asian, European, American and International Folk, Yoga and Body Movement.
- Saratoga Beer Summit at the Saratoga Springs City Center
March - April
- SPAC's Annual Winter Ball
- Chess Tournament at the Saratoga City Center
- Annual Furry Fun Run, Begins at Warming Hut in Spa Park
- Tour of the Battenkill Bike Race
- Spring Saratoga Rowing Invitational at Saratoga Lake
- Kentucky Derby Day at the National Museum of Racing, Kentucky Derby Party
- Mid-May: Skidmore Graduation Weekend
- Skidmore College Reunion
- Opera Saratoga Annual Gala
- Saratoga Springs Horse Show (two weeks of horse shows)
- SPAC concerts begin Mid-May
- Irish Festival with live music performances, beer and food
- Saratoga Brewfest at Saratoga County Fairgrounds
- Saratoga Tour de Cure
- Flag Day Parade on Broadway
- Mid June: Saratoga Auto Museum Annual Fundraising Gala: The Annual Music and Mingling Gala at the Saratoga Polo Field to support the Adult and Senior Center of Saratoga and will include and open bar, live music, cigar tastings and silent auction.
- Freihofer's Jazz Festival at SPAC, 108 Avenue of the Pines
- Saratoga ArtsFest, A community-wide celebration of the arts throughout Saratoga Springs
- Round Lake Antiques Festival, Village of Round Lake (16 minute drive from Union Gables)
- Saratoga Balloon & Craft Festival
- The Skidmore College Saratoga Classic Horse Show (three weeks in June)Yaddo Show Grounds ring is located four blocks from Union Gables. Union Gables proudly Sponsors this Event
July – August
- Saratoga Bridges Annual White Party at Fasig Tipton
- Secret Garden Tour (usually the first Sunday in July or last in June) is a self-guided tour of private gardens.
- July 4tth weekend: Firecracker4 Race. Enjoy spectacular fireworks on 4th of July, Independence Day with Saratoga's All-American Celebration in Congress Park. (two blocks from Union Gables)
- New York City Ballet At SPAC
- Philadelphia Orchestra at SPAC
- Opera Saratoga at The Spa Little Theater located in the Saratoga Spa State Park, day and evening shows
- National Museum of Dance Gala
- Saratoga Racing Schedule: First weekend: Opening Day and Hats off Weekend; Jim Dandy Stakes; Whitney Race; Alabama Race; Travers Stakes Day; Labor Day weekend: Closing Day and Final Stretch Festival Weekend.
- Saratoga Polo. Every Friday and Sunday at 5:30pm
- Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car Show at Auto Museum and Spa State Park
- Horse sales at Fasig-Tipton: The Saratoga Sale and New York Bred Yearlings
- Saratoga Wine & Food Festival
- Showcase of Homes
- Saratoga Rowing Association Tail of the Fish Regatta (last Saturday in Sept)
- Fasig Tipton Saratoga Fall Horse Sales
- SRA Head of the Fish (Last weekend in Oct)
CHECK THE LINKS LISTED FOR MORE DETAILS ON EVENTS DURING EACH SEASON OR CALL US FOR TIPS OF SARATOGA SPRINGS DINING AND LOCAL GUIDANCE. (518) 584-1558